How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado, Sierra, Avalanche, Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
Fits years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
- Door Panel Clip Tool (or putty knife)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Pry and remove the triangular trim panel near the side mirror mount.
Step 3: Pry and remove the screw covers (2) located inside the interior door pull and interior door handle.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 10mm bolts (2) inside the interior door pull.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 10mm bolts (2) inside the interior door handle.
Step 6: Pry outward on the small retaining tab (1) and remove the door lock pull.
Step 7: Using the door panel clip tool (or putty knife), pry and separate the interior door panel from the door frame.
A series of retaining clips secures the door panel to the frame. By sliding the tool between them, you can feel each pin. Working your way around the outer edge of the panel, pry outward, "popping" the clips free.
Step 8: You can now LIFT and remove the interior door panel.
Step 9: Disengage the retaining clips (2) to release the locking cable from the back of the interior door handle.
Step 10: Disconnect the wiring harnesses (4) from the back of the interior door panel.
Step 11: The door panel should now be completely free from the vehicle.
Step 12: To reattach the interior door panel, use the tabs at the bottom of the panel as your guides. Connect the wiring harnesses (4).
Step 13: Re-engage the retaining clips (2) to reconnect the locking cable.
Step 14: From here, simply reverse the removal process.
Line the panel up with the door, and with a FIRM strike near each retaining clip, "snap" them back into place. Tighten the 10mm bolts (3), reattach the locking lever and handle bezel, and reattach the trim panel near the side mirror mount.
07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 2000-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Rear Door Handle Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Yukon Cabin Air Filter
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Crew Cab Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement