How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm socket/ratchet
- Flathead screwdriver
- Putty knife
Step 1: Using a flathead screwdriver, remove the trim panel that covers the mirror's mounting point.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, remove the trim panels in the interior door handle and armrest, exposing the door panel's retaining bolts.
Step 3: With the 10mm socket/ratchet, begin removing the interior door panel's retaining bolts.
Step 4: Using the screwdriver, gently pry the lock-pull from the interior door panel.
Use the small release tab to remove the lock-pull.
Step 5: Using the putty knife and towel (for protection from scratches), begin prying the interior door panel away from the door frame.
Step 6: Remove the door panel and disconnect the wiring harnesses attached to the various control mechanisms.
Step 7: Gently remove the water guard from the interior door frame.
Step 8: Remove the wiring bundles that are adhered to the inside door frame.
We'll re-tape them later!
Step 9: Remove the three retaining bolts that hold the mirror in place.
Step 10: Disconnect the wiring harness and remove the mirror from the vehicle.
Step 11: Attach the wiring harness to the new side mirror.
Step 12: Secure the new side mirror in place by tightening the retaining screws.
Be sure to feed the wiring through the door before mounting!
Step 13: Reconnect the mirror's wiring harness to the vehicle's electrical system and re-tape all of the wiring bundles to the inside of the door frame.
Step 14: Reattach the water guard, reconnect the wiring harnesses, and begin reattaching the interior door panel.
To reattach the door panel, simply reverse the removal steps!
07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 2000-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Rear Door Handle Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Yukon Cabin Air Filter
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Crew Cab Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement