How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2008-2011 Ford Escape Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's tailgate.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the Phillips screws (2) that secure the tail light assembly to the vehicle.
Step 3: You can now pull the tail light back from the vehicle and remove it. Disconnect the wiring harnesses (2) attached to the BACK of the tail light assembly.
There are two mounting pins that prevent the tail light from sliding to the SIDE. Be careful not to damage them when removing the assembly!
Step 4: The tail light should now be free from the vehicle.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light assembly from Go-Parts, it likely includes new sockets and bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply twist the sockets COUNTER CLOCKWISE to remove them from the old assembly.
Step 5: Connect the wiring harnesses (2) to the BACK of the new tail light assembly.
Step 6: Using the mounting pins as guides, slide the NEW tail light into place on the vehicle.
Step 7: Secure the tail light to the vehicle by tightening the Phillips screws (2).
08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011 Ford Escape Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Side Mirror Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2011 Ford Escape Windshield Washer Fluid Pump Replacement
- Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner Engine Air Filter Replacement