How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Distributor Cap and Rotor Replacement
Fits years: 0
- T15 Torx Driver
- T20 Torx Driver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: If you'll notice, Chevrolet numbered the cylinders on the distributor cap. This is helpful, provided that we use this information! Use a wax pencil or marker to write the corresponding number on the spark plug wire ends attached to the distributor. This ensures that we don't get the cylinder/wires mixed up!
Step 3: Twist and disconnect all of the spark plug wires from the distributor cap.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the T20 Torx screws (2) that secure the distributor to the vehicle.
Step 5: You can now remove the distributor cap from the vehicle.
Step 6: Loosen and remove the T15 screws (2) that secure the distributor's rotor to the vehicle.
Step 7: You can now remove the rotor.
Step 8: Mount the new rotor to the vehicle by tightening the T15 screws (2). Use the guiding tabs to ensure proper placement.
Step 9: Mount the new distributor cap to the vehicle by tightening the T20 screws (2).
Step 10: Reattach the spark plug wires using the numbering system from Step 2.
0 Chevrolet S10 Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Parking / Signal Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Rear Gate Handle
- 1992-2007 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Pickup 4.3L Air Filter Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10, Blazer Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC S15, Jimmy Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1999-2004 Chevrolet S10, GMC S15 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement