How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Spark Plug Wire Replacement
Fits years: 0
- Flathead screwdriver
NOTE: When replacing spark plug wires, it's usually a good idea to replace the plugs, as well. Also, you'll always want to replace ALL of the wires at the same time. However, DURING the installation, you'll want to replace them ONE AT A TIME, ensuring that the right wires are attached to the right plugs!
Step 1: Using the flathead screwdriver to loosen the air intake clamp (1). Disconnect the wiring harnesses (2) from the assembly.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the air box cover mounting screws (4). You can now lift and remove the air box cover/intake hose assembly.
Step 3: Open the flap inside the wheel well to access the LOWER spark plug wires (3).
Step 4: With each of these wires, twist and remove ONE of the wires from the spark plug. Twist and remove the OTHER end of the spark plug wire.
Use the pliers, if necessary.
NOTE: Chevrolet did us a favor by labeling the cylinder numbers on the distributor cap. So, by knowing which is which, we can help to avoid attaching the wrong cylinder to the wrong plug on the distributor. On the PASSENGER's side of the vehicle, FROM THE REAR of the engine compartment, they are 6, 4, 2. On the DRIVER'S side of the vehicle, FROM THE REAR of the engine compartment, they are 5, 3, 1.
Step 5: Pry and disengage the retaining clip that secures the spark plug cable to the engine mount.
Step 6: Attach the NEW spark plug wire at BOTH ends. Attach the cable to the engine using the retaining clip.
Step 7: Repeat this process for the remaining spark plug wires.
0 Chevrolet S10 Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Parking / Signal Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Rear Gate Handle
- 1992-2007 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Pickup 4.3L Air Filter Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10, Blazer Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC S15, Jimmy Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1999-2004 Chevrolet S10, GMC S15 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement