How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra 6.0L, 5.3L, 4.8L Vortec V8 Ignition Coil Replacement
Fits years: 0
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Locate the ignition coils (2 per side) on either side of the engine.
Step 3: Disconnect the wiring harness (1) from the ignition coil.
Step 4: Disconnect the sparkplug wire from the underside of the ignition coil.
NOTE: For this installation, we'll be replacing ONE AT A TIME. This ensures that you don't connect the wrong sparkplug wire to the wrong ignition coil.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 7mm bolts (2) that secure the ignition coil to the engine mount.
Step 6: You can now remove the ignition coil from the vehicle.
Step 7: Mount the new ignition coil by tightening the 7mm bolts (2).
Step 8: Connect the sparkplug wire to the new ignition coil.
Step 9: Connect the wiring harness (1) to the new ignition coil.
Step 10: Repeat this process for the remaining ignition coils.
0 Chevrolet Silverado Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 2000-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Rear Door Handle Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Yukon Cabin Air Filter
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Crew Cab Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement