How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken Ford Explorer, F-150 V8 2.0L, 2.4L, 4.6L, 5.0L Ignition Coil Replacement
Fits years: 0
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
NOTE: If you are performing this project on a V8, there will be (2) ignition coils. However, 4-cylinder models only require (1) ignition coil. We will proceed with this installation guide as if there was (1), but you may have to perform this process twice (once for each coil).
Step 2: Disengage the air box intake hose's clamp (1) and pull it form the casing, exposing the ignition coils.
NOTE: During this installation, we'll be removing the plug cables from the ignition coil. We recommend numbering them in a manner in which you can easily place them back onto the SAME position they were in on the old ignition coil.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the 7mm mounting bolts (4) that hold the ignition coil to the vehicle.
Step 4: Remove the plug cables (4) from the ignition coil.
Step 5: You can now pull the ignition coil from the vehicle.
Step 6: Mount the new ignition coil to the vehicle by tightening the 7mm bolts (4). Be sure to attach the wiring harness (which relies on one of the mounting bolts).
Step 7: Connect the plug cables (4) to the ignition coil.
NOTE: Remember, use the numbering system that we established before Step 3!
Step 8: Reattach the air intake hose to the air box by re-engaging the retaining clamp (1).
0 Ford Explorer Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Corner Light Replacement
- 1995-2005 Ford Explorer AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Corner / Signal Light Replacement
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, Mazda Navajo Tailgate Strut Replacement
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer Hood Support Strut Replacement
- 1991-2005 Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer Power Window Regulator Replacement