How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken Ford Taurus Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 0
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 15mm socket/ratchet
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Step 2: Locate belt tensioner/pulley assembly BELOW the alternator's position.
Step 3: Loosen the 15mm tensioner bolt (1) by turning it CLOCKWISE. This releases the tension on the belt, allowing for its removal. Once it's removed, SLOWLY release the tensioner bolt back to its resting position.
Step 4: Using the routing diagram posted near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual, route the serpentine belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, turn the 15mm tensioner bolt (1) COUNTER CLOCKWISE to increase tension on the belt, securing its position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched.
Step 6: Reconnect the battery cable.
0 Ford Taurus Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2007 Ford Taurus Headlight Replacement
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus Cooling Fan Replacement
- 2000-2007 Ford Taurus Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2007 Ford Taurus Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2009 Ford Taurus Cabin Air Filter
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus Third Brake Light Bulb Replacement
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable Vent Air Door Actuator Replacement
- 1998-2007 Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable Air Filter Replacement