How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken Volkswagen Beetle Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 0
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Locking pliers
- Allen wrench (small)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Insert the Allen wrench into the small opening on the TOP/PASSENGER'S side of the belt tensioner (which is next to the radiator).
Step 3: Turn the belt tensioner CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the belt, allowing for its removal.
Step 4: Using the belt diagram posted near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual, route the belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, secure it by turning the belt tensioner/Allen wrench COUNTER CLOCKWISE.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not stretched or overly tight!
0 Volkswagen Beetle Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Parking Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Rear Marker Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- Volkswagen Beetle Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2010 Volkswagen Beetle Front Power Window Regulator Replacement