How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's tailgate.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the 2 Phillips screws exposed by opening the tailgate.
Step 3: You can now remove the tail light assembly.
Step 3: Disconnect the wiring harness attached to the back of the assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new sockets, bulbs, and wiring, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply remove the sockets and wiring from the old assembly and attach it to the new one. This process takes just a few moments!
Step 4: Connect the tail light's wiring harness.
Step 5: Mount the tail light by tightening the 2 Phillips screws.
96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Toyota 4Runner Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1999-2002 Toyota 4Runner Corner Light Replacement
- 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner Front Signal Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Toyota 4Runner Headlight Replacement
- 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Toyota 4Runner Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2003 Toyota 4Runner Radiator Grille Replacement
- 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner Door Handle (Interior) Replacement