How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- T20 Torx driver
- T27 Torx driver
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Lift the hood and depress the tab that releases the front grille.
Use the screwdriver to depress the tab. Once the clip near the radiator cap has been released, you can remove the grille.
Step 2: Locate five Torx 27 screws on the top of the front bumper cover and the two bolts that are behind the small, removable panels on the underside of the bumper cover. Remove them.
Step 3: Remove the four Torx 20 bolts on each side to completely remove the bumper cover.
Step 4: Disconnect the parking light from each side of the bumper cover.
Step 5: Remove the four T20 screws that hold the headlight assembly in place.
Two on the top, and two on the bottom.
Step 6: Remove the headlight assembly from the vehicle.
Step 7: Disconnect the electrical harness from the back of the assembly.
NOTE: If you purchased your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, you may not need to remove the bulbs, as they are already included. This can save you steps!
Step 8: Connect the electrical harness to the new headlight assembly.
Step 9: Secure the new assembly by tightening the T20 screws.
Step 10: Put the bumper cover back on by reversing the removal process.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Headlights Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2004 Volkswagen Jetta Grille Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Front Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Headlight Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Side Mirror Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Light Replacement