How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2000-2007 Ford Focus Front Power Window Regulator Replacement
Fits years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- 6mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- T20 Torx Driver
- Flathead screwdrivers (2 "“ regular and small)
- An assistant
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Pry and remove the small trim panel near the side mirror mount. Disconnect the wiring harness (1) attached to the back of the trim panel.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the T20 Torx screws (7) located inside the interior door handle, and around the outer edge of the interior door panel.
Step 4: Pry and remove the interior door pull's trim panel.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 7mm bolts (2) exposed by removing the interior door pull's trim panel.
Remember, you will need an extension to reach these!
Step 6: Pry and remove the interior door handle's bezel. Disconnect the wiring harnesses (3) from the back of the bezel.
Step 7: You can now lift and remove the interior door panel.
Step 8: Remove the foam brick from the door panel, and GENTLY peel back the water shield.
Be careful not to tear it!
Step 9: Loosen and remove the 6mm bolts (4) that hold the speaker in place. Disconnect the wiring harness (1) from the back of the speaker assembly.
Step 10: Have your assistant (or some tape, if you're working alone) hold the window about 2/3 or Â¾ of the way UP.
Step 11: You can now loosen and remove the 10mm bolts (2) that hold the cable regulator to the door.
You can access these bolts through the openings in the door frame. One is near the door hinge, while the other is near the latch end.
Step 12: Disconnect the window motor's wiring harness (1).
Step 13: Loosen and remove the 8mm bolts (5) that secure the window regulator in place. You can now maneuver and pull the regulator assembly from the door frame.
Step 14: Insert the new power window regulator assembly into the door frame, and mount it by tightening the 8mm bolts (5).
Step 15: Tighten the 10mm bolts (2) to secure the cable regulator to the door frame.
Step 16: Connect the power window regulator's wiring harness (1).
NOTE: Be sure we reassemble the door panel, let's plug the power window control panel in to the door to test the assembly and make sure that everything is working properly.
Step 17: Slide the window back into the door frame. Be sure that everything is lined up and attached to the regulator properly.
Step 18: Reattach the water shield.
Step 19: Reattach the foam brick, and reattach the speaker assembly.
Step 20: Reattach the interior door handle and panel.
Be sure to reconnect all wiring harnesses, tighten all T20 Torx screws and 7mm bolts, and reattach all trim panels.
00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Ford Focus Window Regulators & Motors Replacement Instructions
- 2003-2007 Ford Focus Side View Mirror Replacement
- 2000-2004 Ford Focus Fog Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Ford Focus Side Marker Light Replacement
- 2003-2004 Ford Focus Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2007 Ford Focus Side Mirror Replacement
- 2000-2003 Ford Focus Door Handle Latch Cable Replacement
- 2000-2003 Ford Focus Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 2000-2004 Ford Focus 3-Door Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2000-2004 Ford Focus Radiator Grille Replacement
- 2000-2005 Ford Focus Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement