How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2002-2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Fits years: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- 3/8 inch ratchet handle
- 15mm wrench
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Locate the belt tensioner just below the alternator's mounted position.
Step 3: Insert the 3/8 ratchet handle into the square opening on the tensioner. Turn the tensioner CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the belt. Once the belt is removed, slowly release the tensioner back to its resting position.
NOTE: If your serpentine belt looks frayed or worn, it's a good time to change it. Since we already have it removed from the vehicle, it'll never be easier than it is right now!
Step 4: Remove the serpentine belt from the vehicle.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 15mm tensioner mounting bolt (1) that secures the tensioner to the assembly.
This bolt is located directly in the center of the tensioner.
Step 6: You can now remove the tensioner from the vehicle.
Step 7: Mount the new tensioner by tightening the 15mm mounting bolt (1).
Step 8: Using the diagram provided near the radiator (or in your owner's manual) to route the serpentine belt properly. Once in place, use the 3/8 ratchet handle to tighten the tension on the belt, securing it around the pulleys.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not stretched or overly tight.
02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Replacement Instructions
- 1994-2001 Dodge Ram Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2008 Dodge Ram Side Mirror Replacement
- 2002-2007 Dodge Ram AC Heater Fan Blower Motor Replacement
- 2002-2005 Dodge Ram Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Headlight Replacement
- 2002-2008 Dodge Ram Pickup Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Interior Door Handle Replacement
- 2002-2006 Dodge Ram Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Side Mirror Replacement
- 1994-2001 Dodge Ram Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement