How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2002-2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Fits years: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- 3/8 Drive ratchet
- 15mm socket/ratchet
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Locate the belt routing diagram usually posted near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual.
Step 3: Insert the 3/8 drive ratchet nub (square) into the belt tensioner, and turn the handle CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the belt. You can now remove the serpentine belt from the vehicle.
NOTE: If your belt looks worn or frayed, we recommend changing it now. Since we already have it off of the pulleys, it'll never be easier than it is right now!
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 15mm bolt (1) that secures the tensioner to the engine.
Step 5: You can now remove the belt tensioner from the vehicle.
Step 6: Mount the new belt tensioner to the engine by tightening the 15mm bolt (1).
Use the guiding tab on the tensioner to ensure proper placement.
Step 7: Using the diagram we located in Step 2, route the serpentine belt properly around the pulleys.
Step 8: Once the belt is in place, use the 3/8 drive ratchet handle to turn the tensioner COUNTER CLOCKWISE, increasing the tension on the belt and securing its position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched.
02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Replacement Instructions
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Headlight Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Fog Light Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Side Mirror Replacement
- 2002-2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Radiator Grille Replacement
- 2002-2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 2002-2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer AC Heater Fan Speed Control Resistor Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Engine Idler Pulley Replacement