How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Spark Plug Replacement
Fits years: 0
- Spark plug socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Lift the protective shield inside the wheel well to expose the vehicle's spark plugs.
NOTE: When replacing spark plugs, it's important to replace ALL of them at the same time. However, during the installation, replace them ONE AT A TIME, to ensure that the spark plug wires do not get crossed up!
Step 3: Twist and remove the spark plug wire boot from the end of the spark plug.
Step 4: Using the spark plug socket/ratchet with extension, loosen and remove the spark plug from the vehicle.
During this installation, some spark plugs may require the use of a flex-joint to reach them.
Step 5: Most spark plugs come gapped, but just to be sure, use a spark plug gapper to be sure that they are gapped at .060 inches.
Step 6: Tighten the NEW spark plug into position. Be careful not to OVERTIGHTEN!
Step 7: Attach the spark plug boot to the new spark plug.
Step 8: Repeat this process for the remaining spark plugs.
NOTE: Remember"Žas we mentioned earlier, you may need to use the flex-joint for particular plugs during this installation.
0 Chevrolet S10 Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Parking / Signal Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Rear Gate Handle
- 1992-2007 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Pickup 4.3L Air Filter Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10, Blazer Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC S15, Jimmy Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1999-2004 Chevrolet S10, GMC S15 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement